Monday, July 25, 2011

Twenty-fourth Fun

Where I live, the 24th of July is a big deal.
It is a celebration of the day the Mormon Pioneers came into the Salt Lake Valley.
There are parades and rodeos and community plays and everyone's family comes back into town for the weekend.

My kids loved the parade.
(It was on Saturday the 23rd.)



I always get a little emotional when the flags go by and I've got my hand over my heart. I feel so proud to be an American and so grateful for my freedom. And so indebted to those that went before me so I can enjoy these freedoms.

Awesome floats.


Dick and Jane pausing for a few seconds to oblige me. They were very concerned about missing the parade.

My camera died right after I took this picture and I didn't pack my spare battery.
So I only got a few pictures of the entire parade.
Oh well.
There's always next year.

1 comment:

chicamargarita said...

I think we need to come to your town to celebrate with you next year! Looks like fun...and the sound of the high school band over the phone was fantastic!